A seed “‘a localized initiative to manage the waste that weren’t managed by the concerned authorities” has blossomed into a huge Tree of life providing shade to 300 people.
This Tree of life gave 2 fruits – intelligent waste management and empowerment of the most vulnerable community rag-picker
People on the other side of the world screamed at this Tree of life saying “Tree is greener that side”
So, what was the strategy that created so many greenery or happiness around?
The famous Ginsberg and Bloom’s Green Marketing Strategy encompasses 4 components namely -Lean Green, Defensive Green, Shaded Green and Extreme Green.
Lean Green and Defensive Green are not real “green” ones.
Being an Eco-Entrepreneurship, why should we touch base that?
Let dive start into Shaded Green and Extreme Green.
“Shaded Green invests in long – term systematic environmental friendly process that requires a substantial financial and non-financial commitment. These companies see green as an opportunity to develop innovative needs satisfying products and technologies that result in competitive advantage – Ginsberg and Bloom’s Green Marketing Strategy”
If we just turn back and look at the history right from the moment the seed was sown till it has blossomed into Tree of life, Conserve lived by this definition.
By using green as an opportunity, we created these innovative needs satisfying products and technologies
- Recycled Fashion Accessories that can be sold around the world and the profit reinvested to cater the needs of the most vulnerable community rag-picker
- Handmade Recycled Plastic is an innovative technology and even patent was granted for that in the year 2009
Our Handmade Recycled Plastic is also a systematic and environmental friendly process. We have invested substantial financial commitment and also equal non-financial commitment in form of labor, patent etc
All these indeed gave us a competitive advantage.
No doubt, Shaded Green Marketing Strategy worked for us.
“Extreme Green – Holistic philosophies and values shape extreme Green companies. Environmental issues are fully integrated into the business and product life-cycle process of these firms. Usually greenness has been a major driving force behind the company since day one. Extreme Greens often serve niche markets and sell their products or services through boutique stores or specialty channels. – Ginsberg and Bloom’s Green Marketing Strategy”
Time travel to the past will reveal our extreme greenness
- Greenness or the localized initiative of managing the local waste was the major driving force of Conserve since day one.
- Our Holistic Philosophy of people (rag-pickers) and planet (waste-management) are interconnected.
- This value shaped this empire of Conserve India & Conserve HRP
- Environmental issues like recycling, up-cycling are fully integrated into our business as well as into our products – recycled fashion accessories
- We sell our products – recycled fashion accessories through upscale boutiques around the globe.
Again, A No Brainer, Extreme Green Marketing Strategy worked for us.
The Bottom line is Green Marketing is not a tough call. Applying right strategies will create wonders.
In our very own case, combination of “Shaded Green” and “Extreme Green” helped us create a successful Social Enterprise or a Tree of Life that provides shade to 300 people at the moment and to many more in the future.
Definition of Shaded Green and Defensive Green sourced from – http://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/choosing-the-right-greenmarketing-strategy/